Loan Protection Insurance is the insurance cover the Credit Union provides on the lives of its borrowing members.
Should an insured borrower die, the insurance cover provides that the loan is repaid in full. So if a member, who is eligible for insurance cover and has signed the credit agreement, dies with a loan outstanding, the loan balance is paid in full by the insurer.
As with all insurance, certain eligibility criterion applies. You may be required to complete a Declaration of Health to determine your eligibility for life insurance.
Ballyconnell Credit Union has extended the upper age limit for eligibility to 85 years.
Life Savings Insurance is the life insurance cover the credit union provides for its eligible members as an additional incentive to save regularly. The amount of insurance benefit to which a member is entitled is in proportion to the amount of savings the member has, and depends on the member’s age at date of lodgement.
- Subject to a maximum benefit set by your Credit Union
- €1 saved before the age of 55 provides €1 of insurance
- €1 saved between ages 55-59 provides €0.75 insurance
- €1 saved between ages 60-64 provides €0.50 insurance
- €1 saved between ages 65-69 provides €0.25 insurance
- No insurance is payable on amounts saved after your 70th Birthday.
Once earned, your insurance remains in force as long as you leave your savings in your credit union. Withdrawals may affect the amount payable.
A member is eligible for the insurance cover carried by the credit union if when they begin saving they are:
- Under the age of 70
- Actively at work, or if not working, in good health
What are the benefits?
Depending on your age and how much you have saved with your credit union over the years, Life Savings insurance could provide your dependants with a payment on your death.
Protecting your house, protecting your Home.
Ballyconnell Credit union offers house insurance through its insurance partner, AXA. With 42 branches nationwide and a long history of premier insurance products we are confident AXA will get a deal just right for you.
Credit Union members can avail of the following deals:
- 30% no claims discount (for 3+ years)
- 10% alarm discount
- 10% 50+ age discount
- 10% discount if your vehicle is insured with AXA, minimum premium only €158
- FREE emergency home assistance (up to €250 towards every day plumbing, electrical, property damage costs)
AXA Credit Union home insurance gives you real peace of mind with benefits which include:
- Standard cover for fire, flood, escape of water, stealing and malicious damage (and much, much more)
- Up to €250 emergency home assistance e.g. boiler breakdown, total electrical failure
- €2,600 fire brigade charges
- Temporary accommodation cover e.g. after a flood, up to 10% of building sum insured
- All repairs using AXA appointed tradesmen are fully guaranteed
There are many more add on benefits such as accidental insurance, personal possessions outside the home and cover for pedal cycles and caravans.
Call AXA on 0818 336 339 and don’t forget to say you’re a credit union member!
BCU is delighted to offer you an option for motor insurance:
AXA provides car insurance through it’s website and 42 branches nationwide.
Features of their insurance include:
- Up to 10% credit union discount (with a €350 own-car damage excess)
- Up to 75% no claims discount (if 5 or more years claims free driving, subject to a €327 minimum premium)
- FREE motor rescue when you buy AXA car insurance
For more details call 0818 336 339 today!
Not a Member?
Joining the Credit Union is the best decision you could take for your money. To become a member of Ballyconnell Credit Union, you will need to fill in the Membership Application Form online. Once you have completed the form, a member of staff will be in touch with you.